White Wedding Cake Recipes
Weddings are always meant to be celebrations of pure love. To signify this, the bride is in a pristine white gown at the occassion, most of the decor and furniture is in white, and so on. This may also be the case for the cake as well, which may be snow white in appearance, from top tier to bottom tier.
White Wedding Cakes
White wedding cakes are some of the most in demand cakes basically because of their classic look, which is extremely popular to the day. The elegance of the white wedding cake is absolutely unmatched. Due to this, there have been a number of cakes which have been crafted from white fondant in different shapes and structures, with different edible or inedible ornaments.
Some varied white wedding cakes which a local or online service providing baker may prepare for you are:-
- Plain, multi tiered, white fondant wedding cake with porcelain white wedding cake topper, either depicting the bride and the groom or of some other motif, like an archway (denoting the passage that the bride and groom makes from a simple stage of life to a more complicated one).
- Architechture from Ancient Greece was heavily dependant on white marble and there are customized white wedding cakes available which have miniature white figures of Greek gods, goddesses and mythological creatures etched into the sides of tiers.
- White lace wedding cakes where the fondant is so designed so as to have the appearance of fabric- white embroidered lace to be more specific. White wedding lace cakes were immensely popular in the Victorian Era.
- Edible white swans and white cupid cherubs also make for unique and beautiful ornamentations for white wedding cakes.
- Cakes shaped as world famous structures such as the Taj Mahal (the monument of love), the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a white version of the Eiffel Tower et cetera.
- Simple white multi tiered cakes decorated along the borders of the different tiers with all kinds of beautiful white flowers like lilies, jasmines, daisies, chrysanthemums et cetera.
Of course, your budget may not allow for such extravagant white cakes for your marriage ceremony. If you want to keep your expenses to a bare minimum but still want to capture a little bit of the ethereal magic of white wedding cakes, then it is perfectly alright if you prepare one at one. Cost effective, delectable and lovely, all at the same time, homemade white wedding cakes can be a thing of wonder as well!
It is for this very reason that we have provided you with a recipe for a white wedding cake. It may not be from a high end Parisian bakery, but hey, at least it is made with true love!
Here is the recipe for the same-
White Wedding Cake Recipe
First, we list down the ingredients needed to prepare such a cake-
- Ten cups of cake flour
- Four cups of milk
- About nine egg whites
- Three tablespoons of baking powder
- Two cups of shortening
- Six cups of white sugar
- One tablespoon of Salt
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Two teaspoons of almond extract
- White colored icing
Equipment required: Cake pans of varying sizes (for making the different tiers), butter paper for the same, three mixing bowls, piping bag
Step 1 The initial step just involves taking the shortening in a bowl, softening it, and then keeping the bowl aside.
Step 2 Now, take another bowl. Mix the egg whites with the sugar (Note: Just two spoons) and beat them with an electric mixer (after the addition of each spoon of sugar). This ensures the fluffiness and smooth taste texture of the mixture.
Step 3 In yet another bowl, sift the flour with the salt, and the remaining cups of sugar (should be four cups). Add this flour cake mix to the shortening (remember the first bowl?). Mix the two properly.
Step 4 Now in one of the emptied bowls, add in three cups of milk and the almond, and vanilla extracts. Pour the milk and extract mix into the bowl containing the flour and shortening mix.
Step 5 Finally, add the egg white and sugar mix to the main mixture along with the last cup of milk, and stir them until you attain a uniform blend without any lumps.
Step 6 Pour the cake batter into the three cake pans of different sizes, which should be lined with butter paper. See that the distribution of the batter is proportionate to the size of the pan. Bake the pans for about half an hour in a pre-heated oven (about 325 degrees).
Step 7 Remove the pans from the microwave and let the cakes cool for about fifteen minutes. Then you may remove the cakes with the help of a sharp knife and invert them on a wire tray. Remove the butter paper sticking to the edges of the cakes.
Step 8 After the cakes cool, remove them from the wire grill, and place them one on top of each other, descending order based on their shapes, so that they become multi-tiered. Now the fun part starts. Fill your piping bag with white colored icing, and start decorating the cakes with your icing, in any way you see fit.
And just like that, your multi-tiered white wedding cake is ready to serve!
Hope you enjoyed our white wedding cake recipe. Just remember, whether it is homemade or ordered, the main purpose of a cake is to bring joy and happiness to every assembled guests. Through their stomachs! So make sure you are doing your best to ensure that.