Wedding Cake Recipes
Wedding cake is an inseparable part of a wedding ceremony. The cake has to be a visual treat as well as taste good. The cake looks beautiful due to the decoration in form of cake topper, natural and artificial flowers. The cake is made in various shapes and sizes. This depends on the couple's likes, the number of guest attending the wedding and the theme of the wedding. The wedding cake is prepared in various flavors so that it appeals to the taste buds. The traditional white cake, fruit cake, cheese cake, chocolate cake, cake filled with various fillings are different types of cakes that are commonly seen in the wedding.
The wedding cake is baked in various flavors through out the world. The cake recipes under go change with changing time and everyday new flavors are added. A lot of experimentation takes place in the bakery and confectionery items these days. As a result of that, the couples can get unique looking and great tasting cake recipes. When you decide to bake a cake, you have to give a serious look to the ingredients, the method of preparation, the time required for baking and decoration while serving the cake.
Here is a recipe for a simple wedding cake:
- Cake Flour: 6 cups
- Softened butter: 1-1/2 cups
- Milk: 2 cups:
- Sugar: 3 cups
- Baking Powder: 2 tablespoons
- Egg Whites:12
- Vanilla Essence: 1 teaspoon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake flour and baking powder
- Beat the egg whites until they become fluffy
- Blend the sugar and butter together, till it becomes soft.
- Now mix the flour, butter mixture and egg whites together with an electric blender.
- Slowly add milk and keep on beating, so that all the ingredients mix well and a light batter is created
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well
- Preheat the oven at 325 F. Grease the baking pan with butter
- Pour the mixture in the pan and bake it for 30 minutes
- Serve the cake once it has cooled down
Consult a baker in your locality before you make this decision. Go through a cake recipe book. Carefully list all the ingredients you require to buy. Read all the instructions given in the recipe book carefully. If you want take help from a friend or a close family member who has experience in baking cakes.
Try making a simple, single tiered cake initially. Multi tiered cakes require a certain skill and hence try them only after you succeed with simple cakes. Multi tiered cakes should be made carefully especially when arranging the layers on top of each other. These layers are extremely delicate especially that of buttercream cakes and hence the top layers tend to fall off or lose shape while assembling.
You could try some unconventional wedding cake recipes once you master the art of basic cakes and assembling the tiers. You could try out an orange berry cake. It is awesome. Here is the recipe for the same.
- 50 gm butter melted and cooled
- 200 gm castor sugar
- 100 gm ground almonds
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Plain flour- 200 gm
- half teaspoon baking powder
- 8 eggs
You can make the orange syrup at home. Take some water in a pan. Add the orange peel and castor sugar to this. Heat the mixture and stir continuously until the sugar melts. Then boil it for about 3 minutes until the syrup is formed.
Let's take a look at different types of wedding cake recipes: