Mexican Wedding Cake Icing Recipes Ideas
The Mexican wedding cakes are traditional wedding cakes served during happy occasions. These cakes are prepared in form of cookies and made of butter, vanilla and nuts. These cakes are white in color and are savored by guests who are invited. In today's times, these Mexican wedding cakes have undergone a lot of change.
The cake has new flavors like chocolate, butterscotch and tropical fruits like oranges, pine apple, etc. This helps the cake in getting an excellent flavor and taste. The icing used in decorating these Mexican wedding cakes gives the cake a unique and elegant look. Icing has to gel well with the flavor of the cake.
Mexican wedding cakes are mostly cookies that are in the style of shortbread with roasted pecans. The cookies are typical wedding cakes that are rolled in powdered sugar and are really tasty. One can also go for slab or multi-tiered wedding cakes. You can also go for an elegant Mexican wedding cake or a casual cake which would be based on the theme. Even in case of traditional wedding cakes, the couple need not forego the fun element as casual cakes can be used during bridal showers.
If you are planning to go to a professional wedding cake designer, convey what you have in mind clearly to avoid any confusion. Ensure that the Mexican wedding cake suits the wedding theme and decoration. Mexican theme can become loud if not fine-tuned properly. Colors like blue, pink, red, taco can be used to pep up your wedding cake decorations.
Tips to customize your Mexican wedding cake:
- You can have every tier of the cake patterned differently based on some typical Mexican designs like the famous Talavera pottery designs or Mexican tiles
- Coconut flavored cakes are typical wedding cakes that can have a variety of fillings including lemon curd and icing of butter cream. In such coconut flavored cakes, coconut gratings and flakes can be used to decorate the wedding cake in a creative way.
- Choose toppers that typically symbolize Mexican brides and grooms
- Bright colors can be used to decorate your Mexican wedding cake to make it exotic and interesting
- Heart shaped articles; icing ribbons can be used to make the wedding cake a stunner
- Mexican vanilla cake is a favorite of couples going for Mexican weddings, decorated with colorful rose buds it looks really beautiful
- Make your Mexican wedding cakes hot and decorate them with hot chili peppers, this would prove to be an unusual and off-the-beat cake
- Sombrero and olives are typical Mexican ingredients that can be used to decorate the wedding cake
- Typical cookies can also be baked differently; walnuts are pressed into the dough and are baked to a golden brown tinge
- Fruit cakes with rum suits perfect with your Mexican theme wedding and also chocolate cakes with juicy strawberries make for yummy wedding cakes
Ingredients used in the icing are as follows:
- 2 packs of cream cheese
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 tea spoons of vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Beat them together for ten minutes till a creamy mixture is formed
- Use the icing on a cake which is cooled down.
Ingredients needed for the icing are:
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 2 tea spoons of vanilla
- 2 packs of cream cheese
- 2 cups of sugar
- In a big bowl, take all the ingredients
- Mix them well with help of electrical blender
- Use the fluffy mixture on the cake that has to be served.